Soft-Starters are static starters that accelerate, decelerate and protect three-phase induction motors in power ratings from 2.2 to 1375 kW.
WEG SSW-06 – Soft Starter
SSW-06 Series Soft-Starter are static starters intended to accelerate, decelerate and protection of three phase induction motors. The control of the voltage applied to the motor by the means of the thyristors triggering angle variation, allows the soft-start to start and stop smoothly an electric motor.
With adequate adjustments of the variables, the torque produced is adjusted to the needs of the load, so the required current is going to be as low as possible for the starting procedure.
WEG Soft-Starter SSW-06 series, micro processed and full digital, are products with state-of-the-art technology and have been produced to ensure the best starting and stopping performance of induction motors, presenting themselves as a complete and low cost solution.
The human-machine interface allows easy adjustment of the parameters what helps commissioning and operation. The built-in Pump Control function allows an efficient control over pumps, avoiding overshoots.
Note: SSW06 Soft-Starter Series were designed for exclusively industrial or professional use.
- 32 Bits RISC high performance microcontroller
- Electronic motor protection
- Removable Human Machine interface with double display (LED / LCD)
- Fully programmable control methods
- Totally flexible torque control
- Kick-start function for high break-away torque
- Pump control function for intelligent control of pumping systems
- Avoids water hammer in pumps
- Current peaks limits on the power supply
- Voltage drop limits during starting
- Power supply voltage 220-575 V and 575-690 V
- The control board power supply has EMC filter (94 to 253 Vac)
- Built-in bypass up 820 A, providing size reduction and saving
- Back-up memory of motor protection I2t thermal image
- Voltage and current unbalance protection
- Over / under voltage and current protection
- Input for motor PTC
- Reduction of mechanical stress
- Reduction of stress over couplings and transmission devices (gearboxes, sheaves, belts)
- Increases the lifetime of the motor and mechanical equipment of the driven machine
- Easy operation, programming and maintenance via HMI
- Simplified electrical installation
- Oriented Start-up
- Possibility for standard three leads or inside delta size cable connection (except 575-690 V models)
- All protections and function available for both types of connection (unique in the market)
- Serial or fieldbus communication errors protection
- Operational environment up to 55 °C (without current reduction) for model range 10 A to 820 A and up to 40 °C (without current reduction) for model range 950 A to 1400 A